Monday, November 18, 2019

Review: Broken Empire

Broken Empire Broken Empire by Callie Rose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sure was a broken empire + home.

https://ladiikeiii.wordpress.com/2019...

***There's a bunch of spoilers thrown around in this book review****

I finally finished this book, though I’ll never be done. But what I will say, I thought for sure that Adam Pierce has something to do with why Mason and the guys hated her and to why Adena hated her too. But in reality, he did have something to do with it. But differently, because Cole's father killed him. The thing is Cole's father was a horrible man and even the rest of the guy's parents. Besides Talia's mom Charlotte, Adam Pierce, Mason ‘Mom’ and even Cole's mom ‘Alice,” she really hated what had happened and finally snapped when she walked into what was going on in the warehouse with her husband the Princes and their parents along with Talia. I wouldn’t blame her for killing Cole's daddy. He deserved that bullet to the head, for beating “abusing” Cole the way that he did. & also, maybe Talia fake dad did what he did because he knew she wasn’t his child, but it was still wrong; that was probably why he died from being so dang evil...

Though; I figure someone had killed Talia's mom Charlotte I was like that car accident sound mad familiar to Talia, at first I am like it had to be Adena. But come to find out she only keyed that girl (Talia) car, whereas Cole's father was the one that did what he did to her breaks that lead to that girl almost dying. Which is a shame, like how can you kill both of these girl parents don’t feel remorse for it that man was pure evil... and then that was what lead Mason mom to kill her self because she couldn’t live with the guilt of the murder of Talia parents...

I think that Mason and Cole's mom and even Talia's mom should’ve gone ahead and talked to the police or something for anything that could’ve happened to Charlotte. Still, in the end, Talia was the one to lose everything like both parents and even an evil foster parent, dad, as you may as well say....that what he was because we learn that he wasn’t her parent and Adam was.


Besides that, I was glad that Adena got what she deserved because she was just an evil person and didn’t deserve to be the prom queen and got thrown off her high horse and expelled from the school. Even if she didn’t mess with Talia breaks and cause her to have the accident, that didn’t mean that she didn’t deserve payback for what she did to Talia from Freshman year to Senior year, I mean jealously would make someone do bad things that they can’t get out of and that what happened to Adena.... everybody that was following her didn’t even have her back 🤣...

But at least, in the end, everything turns out good when the truth came out about everything with the Princes and Talia parents. Plus; I did like how Cole mom Alice helped Talia get her inheritance from her mom and not have her in foster care back in Saint Valley or whatever that place called it might’ve been Sand Valley 🤣 I don’t even care... but if Alice knew I think that she would’ve understood that Talia didn’t have a choice but to come back due to what the judge told her. But I liked that she did because she wouldn’t have gotten justice for what happened to her parents, pack for what the princes did to her. Nor would she would’ve fixed her relationship with her grandparents (more so grandfather) until her grandmother learned the truth of why Charlotte acted out; and left. I know that guilt ate her grandmother up, but oh well. Sometimes it doesn’t take a person to be so mean to someone when they don’t know the truth...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hot Roommate Blues

Hot Roommate Blues by Parker Avrile My rating: 4 of 5 stars ***Spoilers here and there*** I’m a start of...