Monday, December 30, 2019

Review: The Harder You Fall

The Harder You Fall The Harder You Fall by L.A. Cotton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

***Spoilers are everywhere in this review so beware***

https://ladiikeiii.wordpress.com/2019...

~~~This book is an ARC; I was given the book for my honest opinion, I can say I was not disappointed and can say; I liked the third book better than the first and second. Though those were five stars too along with this one. It was just to much based on Tractor guy or whatever Thecther fool name was... but at least he got his 🤣🤣 ... ~~~~


I was ten times hype when; Asher went a got his girl (more so protect) his woman when Jermaine went a grab her wrist. He tackled him... I was like yassssssssssssssssss Asher. But then I was like that was Jason 🤣...

But then when Jeremiah followed Asher and his parents to his house was ridiculous and uncalled for. He could’ve let Mya go knowing that she moved on. He only realizes his mistake when he accidentally shot Asher mom when “Asher” charged at him when he “Jeremiah” went at Mya. I knew somebody got shot even before it got to the part about Asher's mom.

In my head, I was like LA Cotton better not let Asher mom die. Lol! I was like girrrrrl! 🤣

But anyways.... but let me get back to the beginning of what happened before Jeremiah pop up unannounced. I want to say I cannot stand Asher, dad! That man was full of dog poop! 🐕 💩 Like literally, he was. The only time he considered his family (his wife and his son) feelings was when his wife Julia, got shot in the neck. But he was still a prick when it came to Asher and his feelings for Mya. & Mya with her being from the “hood” and Latino, he felt like Asher only needed to date white women. But I liked that Asher wasn’t having that! Because that town definitely was full of white privileged and Mya showed him that it was.

But I only wanted to slap some sense into him (Asher) with what that happened to his mom! I was like he kind of blame Mya. But that crap doo-doo wasn’t her fault that was all on Jeremiah wait is that dude name Jermaine 🤔🤔🤔.... heck who knows 🤣🤣🤣 I know it’s Jermaine lol!. Other than that, I understood where Mya felt like she was an outsider in that town and with his family and people from school and beyond! When you a person of color dating someone who is white... white people will look at you funny and be like tf? But not only that when someone of color date someone white or another race people (blacks) look at those people like tf? Because they feel like that person disrespecting their race and dating outside of their race.

But I liked the fact that Asher didn’t give flying grape jelly about what other people thought about them. Even though if you are someone of color, people who are white will look at you like tf... because my niece felt that way when was with her boyfriend, who is white. She’s black... she felt everybody was looking at her... & I did felt awkward when my dad dated my brother's mom who’s white, and I was around his mom's family at an amusement park with them though I was 1 of the 3rd blacks with them.


But I was glad when Mya came to the terms Asher being white and she’s being Latino... he didn’t care about what anyone thinks he only wants to be with her and I was glad when he stuck it to his dad and picked Temple University to be with Mya. Even though; his dad stopped being a prick and looked out for what he wanted.


Other than that I’m a get back to the beginning... but I never started from the beginning I started in the middle... but I only wanted to say that... Mya at first she was pushing Asher away and running away from him... I thought for sure that Asher was going to chase her (follow her) to Philly. But she came back for him. When she realized the person who Jermaine became... that boy wasn’t trying to change at all.... and I was waiting on her to actually tell Asher that she gotten abused by those people in Diaz crew but she never utters a word. But at least, in the end, Asher finally told Cam and Jase about his dust bunny of a daddy.

But as we realize in the world even if it’s fiction (as In books) or real-life... these things happen with Race, Family disliking someone you date, money, rich people (the parents or parent; treating their children like crap and or controlling their lives and that child turn out to be bitter and evil to half of or most of the people that work for them or worse)... hence; this book is fiction; I was glad that Asher went the correct route and followed his dreams and not his fathers dream for him...

*** PS. I love reading interracial books no matter if it’s a Black/White or White/Latino... it makes me happy that we all don’t have to date inside our race to make ourselves happy. Because we could be with someone who’s a different race than us who he or she can turn out to be the love of our lives...****

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hot Roommate Blues

Hot Roommate Blues by Parker Avrile My rating: 4 of 5 stars ***Spoilers here and there*** I’m a start of...