Sunday, August 18, 2019

Review: Butterface

Butterface Butterface by Avery Flynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

https://ladiikeiii.wordpress.com/2019...

****I pointed out a few spoilers; I had to give in this review****** 

When reading this book, it makes me understand when you look a certain way. Even if you have a scar on your body, a big forehead and even a big nose like Gina does it’s like that’s the first thing someone sees... is your big lips or big ears. They never see the person that you are or try to get to know you...

Just a Gina having a big nose... I’m going to state something but also similar to what Gina has. It’s this author a female she has a big nose, and she’s a very beautiful woman, but I had stated and pointed to someone about how she looks like the singer Mya... but the only thing they looked at was her “nose” and not her actual face...

It’s crazy how people can think you are ugly because you look different. I understand what Gina has gone through though never had a big nose or whatever but bullying of how you look; even if you aren’t ugly. I bet that Gina isn’t ugly, not at all. That’s why I liked how Ford looked beyond her nose and got to know her and wanted to kiss her regardless of how she looks. To me, the only thing someone can say about her and point out about her is her “nose” and butterface... it’s like when people make a stupid immature joke it’s always the same wack joke... but I didn’t like how Ford came about getting to know Gina; knowing how overprotective her brothers are and how insecure she is when it comes to her looks. & he got to know her on a false detail about her grandfather... 


After what happened when Ford came over with that stupid apology and looked through the box her brothers Paul and Rocco left her I understood why she was upset and told him to go... like really my guy that was just mad wrong on so many levels... I did like it when Gina was with her friends and stated that:

“I just want a man who sees me and doesn’t see the ugly girl. He sees me, and he loves me, not in spite of my face but partly because of it.” I mean what girl doesn’t want that for herself even if you are beautiful or ugly...

But I did like the fact; that Ford came to Gina and apologized finally and told her how he felt... but falling the step again... Am I like really? Especially Gina like who cries and just step on steps you know messed up and was getting fixed like sheesh!!!! But at least they got a happy ending in the end.... because regardless of anything Ford thought she was beautiful and also looked out for her brothers when he didn’t have to I was glad when she finally realize because his family really cared about Gina....& her brothers liked Ford too even though they gave him a hard time... but she did get on my nerves sometimes because I am like girl just embrace the “ugly” clearly he thinks you aren’t UGLY! But insecurities will do that to a person; often a lot of people have those regardless of how their life may be... 

P.S. I liked the ending though with their daughter wanting to punch her cousin 🤣 was saying “get out of the way big nose” I said to myself I bet he is going to be the one to protect her in school too when people try to bully her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Hot Roommate Blues

Hot Roommate Blues by Parker Avrile My rating: 4 of 5 stars ***Spoilers here and there*** I’m a start of...